This page contains a list of available Android build files for your Essential Phone. You can use them to restore your device to a previous build or update your device with a beta version for testing. Please note: Installing these files may erase your data from the device. So it's advisable that you backup your phone before continuing.
By downloading or installing any of the files linked on this page, you agree to the following terms in addition to the existing terms you have already agreed to with Essential. If you purchased your phone anywhere other than essential.com, please check with the seller whether downloading or installing this software will affect your warranty or other terms with the seller.
Essential device driver for Windows machines. Supports 32/64 bit on Windows 7, 8 and 10.
PH1 Build Image NMI81C (Sprint & Telus) | Download
PH1 Build Image NMJ32F (All other carriers)| Download
PH1 Build Image NMJ51B (All other carriers)| Download
PH1 Build Image NMJ32F (Sprint and Telus)| Download
PH1 Build Image NMK24B| Download
Set up your computer for flashing
• Download the fastboot tool from the Android SDK Platform-Tools package
• Add it to your path so the flash scripts can find it
• Connect your Essential phone to your computer with a USB cable
Before you can flash a new image, ensure Developer options are enabled and OEM unlocking is turned on. To do this:
• Tap Settings, then tap System > About phone
• Scroll to the bottom of the page, then tap Build number multiple times until you see the pop-up message “You are now a developer” (It usually takes seven taps)
• Go back one screen to System, then tap Developer options
• Find the option: OEM Unlocking and turn it on
Put your Essential Phone into fastboot mode by doing either of the following:
• Use the ADB tool packaged above to run the command: adb reboot bootloader
Reboot your phone while holding the Volume-down button
Unlock your bootloader
NOTE: Installing the factory image will erase all information from your device. So remember to backup your phone before continuing.
• Run the command: fastboot flashing unlock
• Press the Volume-down button to navigate to the YES option, then press the Power button to confirm
Flash your factory image
• Download the factory image to your computer
• Unzip the downloaded file
• Go to where you unzipped the images
• For Linux / Mac OS X - Run the command: flashall.sh
• For Windows - Run the command: flashall.bat
Relock your bootloader
After flashing, it’s a good idea to relock your bootloader for security.
• Go back to fastboot mode
• Run the command: fastboot flashing lock