Welcome Essential Community members to the Android P Developer Preview for Essential Phone (PH-1). From here, you can:
• Download system images for your Essential Phone that you can use for testing your app
• Uninstall the Preview from your Essential Phone
• Give feedback about your experience testing your app with the Android P Developer Preview on Essential Phone
If you read all that and you still want to continue, great! Here are all the things you need to download the Android P Developer Preview to your device, as well as some fantastic resources to help you along the way.
Google's Android Developer Preview page is filled with great resources to help you build for Android P.
Here are a few things to get you started:
• The Program Overview gives you the tools you need to build your app for Android P.
• The Migration Guide gives an overview of the steps you need to take to migrate your app to Android P — as well as details behavior changes, and new features and APIs that you can use.
• The Features and APIs page introduces all the new features and capabilities for both developers and users.
And like Android O, the current Developer Preview includes Project Treble - making it easy for you to quickly port or update your app across different devices running Android P.
You can find all the latest known issues and general advisories from Google and Essential on our Android P Release Notes page.